Steel Fabrication Estimator
Are you the unappreciated Steelwork Estimator with fabrication experience that aspires to rise above the rest and take your career to new limits?
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic, and high performing estimator to join our established growing business on a full time 40hr/Wk. basis with an experienced based competitive salary, to contribute to the continued development of our company.
Burnouse Engineering & Fabrication Ltd continues its quest to be recognised as an industry leading solutions provider for the Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Maintenance Repair sectors from innovation to installation, supplying the whole of the UK and Ireland.
6 Reasons why you should come and join Burnouse Engineering and get the appreciation and career growth potential you deserve:
- We nurture individual & team success in a friendly though very dynamic working environment.
- We appreciate a healthy work/life balance with 28 days holiday including statutory days.
- We offer the opportunity for personal growth, learning new skills and expansion of the role.
- You will be part of a fast-growing steel fabrication contractor with proven systems.
- You will experience a variety of roles working with senior management, internal & remote teams.
- You will be directly involved in project management and the development of our systems.
If you believe you have the relevant experience to provide customers with competitive, accurate, timely and professional quotations, overseeing work in the workshop to ensure deadlines are met and standards maintained, and if you can answer YES to the following statements, we would love to talk with you:
- I am an ambitious person who always works hard to complete tasks to the best of my ability in a timely manner, driven by deadlines while paying attention to numerical and structural details.
- I am a person of integrity, delivering on promises, taking ownership, and takes pride in my work.
- I believe that we must always strive for excellence to exceed the quality-of-service customers expect.
- I always act in a respectful, professional manner toward customers, colleagues and the public leaving an impression that would compel them to consider me trustworthy good communicator.
- I like to be empowered and have the competency to act on my own initiative to make decisions that are for the betterment of the company and our customers, guided by my company’s values.
This role, reporting to the Managing Director involves, though is not limited to, some of the following responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships with internal teams and external customers.
- From initial enquiry, gain a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements.
- Determine best (optimal) materials prices for relevant jobs.
- Closely monitor progress of quotations, providing customers with continual follow up / feedback.
- Question potential ambiguities to avoid misunderstanding and clarify changes.
- Monitor performance of actual job against quoted, liaise with the Workshop Chargehand / Foreman to ensure work is completed to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for structural steel (BE EN 1090-1)
- Ensure compliance with quality management ISO 9001 and Achilles’ certification
Applicants must hold a current CSCS card. If you believe this is the opportunity you have been looking for to further your career please submit a CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.