Trainee Estimator/Technical Support – Modern Apprenticeship
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 0700 – 1600 and Friday 0700 – 1300 with ½ hour unpaid lunch break Monday – Thursday
Working as part of a small team in a North Ayrshire based engineering and fabrication company, the successful candidate will be trained to compile estimates of costs to complete projects/jobs for our customers across a variety of sectors including private residential customers, large national industrial companies and local small businesses.
The role will involve:
- Dealing with incoming requests for quotations
- Working out quantities and types of materials required from drawings provided by customers
- Provide quotations to customers for projects/jobs by:
- Contacting suppliers for prices
- Working out costs for resale
- Identify labour required to complete a job and calculate costs
- Calculating travel and any other incidental costs
- Inputting quotation information into the bespoke Access database
- Completing and sending quotation paperwork to customers
- Dealing with any related queries
- Handling incoming and outgoing telephone calls
We are a small business that works closely together as a team supporting all areas of the business, so a flexible attitude to work is essential.
Accuracy and attention to detail are vital in this role as is the ability to work quickly, along with a genuine interest in engineering.
Own transport would be beneficial due to location.
Please apply by emailing a CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.